Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fall Is full of new beginnings, I now have two children at college and  highschooler at home. It is a little lonely. My job at a local quilt store dissolved over the summer due to a sale of the store, it was a disappointing turn of events.
 But I am now waiting for direction from God on what to do next. I have started a bible study, "Discovering Joy in your creativity" by Margaret Feinburg. It has given me a fresh perspective on my creative nature. I have also been reading "You,re Already Amazing" by Holley Gerth, I highly recommend it! I don't always feel amazing, but I am.

 So I started to do many of the things I didn't have time to do before. I ripped down the old daisy rainbow border in a bedroom, I went through closets, I trimmed bushes, convinced my husband to start on a basement project. I have also made time to craft! Yes I have the same time as everyone else I am now choosing to create and finish projects. I started with an stack of blocks from a 2 day quilting class I took in 2006. I never finished, the blocks didn't size up big enough and I was criticized for choosing" inferior fabric " not bought at a quilt store. So the project sat in the basement. Last week I just wanted to sew, not think, so I thought I will get that out. I forgot not all the blocks were complete,but I started sewing. It was fun and I could see how far I had come in my skill since then. here is a picture of the completed top a little funny size but ready to quilt. The pattern is" Minuet" by Monique Dillard.

I have worked to complete more projects this week. the pincushion is from "Summer Gatherings" by primitive gatherings. Table penny rug is "Fall Harvest" by Karyn Lord of Wool and Whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment